When reading/importing a designer file into Publisher, it would be intuitive to have the option to import artboards as pages. Currently the whole document is imported as a single page with multiple artboards.

A work around is to create a PDF and load that as then the pages are correctly handled - however the text isn't handled quite correctly - odd letterspacing, justification etc...

Just a thought.

Regards,

Mark

I'm curious how you imported it. I just "placed" a .afdesign file that has two artboards, and only one of them is visible in Publisher.

If I instead use File > Open I get a new document with one page containing two artboards. I agree that having an easy way to get it opened as multiple pages would be nice. Or an easy way to transform the artboards to pages.

(Interesting possible bug: Once I've opened the file, and have that 1 page with 2 artboards, I cannot create any additional pages in that document. Document > Add Page and the icons in the Pages panel are all grayed out and/or non-functional.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

I just opened an .afdesign file and it asks if I wish to make a copy or not.

As for the page additions, you can get around the bug by 'ctrl'/'cmd' dragging a page to duplicate it but yes there is an issue with adding pages too

Why do you need to change artboards to pages? If you need artboards you should use AD, if you need pages you should use Publisher ; IMHO. Only situation you need that conversion is that you have started making a book with AD since Publisher was not available yet, understood what a stupid idea it was :D and want now to convert to Publisher.

Or what is the idea behind this?

(Ok, I think that if there is an option for that conversion it is ok to include it...)