You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arranging layers

While clicking the icons to arrange layers back and forth seems to work perfectly well, with Photo and Designer, I always use Command-[ and Command-] to do that.

Those shortcuts do not work with Publisher.

I have no idea if this is a bug report or a feature request as I do not know if the omission of the shortcuts is intentional or an error. Either way, if they could be included, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Rahel,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Sorry the delay getting back to you.
These shortcuts also work in Publisher, however due to the addition of other commands in the menus they are currently in conflict with some of them. You can see this going to menu Affinity Publisher ▸ Preferences..., Keyboard Shortcuts section, set the first dropdown to Layout and the second to Layer - they have a yellow sign in front of them. To fix this you have to remove these shortcuts from the other commands that are also using them (to see the conflicting commands mouse-over the yellow sign until a tooltip appears). Here's the offending commands from which you have to remove (or change) the shortcuts:

Set the second dropdown to Text  then look for the following commands (they all have a yellow warning sign too so they are easy to spot on the list):

•  List ▸ Increase Level
  •  List ▸ Decrease Level,
  • Index ▸ Insert Index Mark

Remove the respective shortcuts from these commands. Your desired shortcuts should now work as expected.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.