You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

microsoft surface tablet pen support

Have just started using a surface book 2 and affinity products seem to work fine in PC mode. However in pen and tablet mode i cant find a way to use modifier keys.

So if i want to draw a perfectly round circle with a keyboard i would hold shift and drag the ellipse tool to the size i want. But the onscreen keyboard doesnt seem to work for modifier keys and affinity doesnt seem to have onscreen constraint options . I assume there must be a simple solution for this as people seem to use apple tablets without problems but i cant find anything like a touchscreen guide. Any other touch or pen users who can tell me what im doing wrong?

With the shift down and turned blue  i cant draw.

I draw an unconstrained circle

I select the keyboard and shift. Cant draw circles . Just tried in Affinity Photo (was using designer before) and it does the same thing.

With my fingers I think its probably impractical anyway. What would be best is a modifier button that you toggle on and then off with the pen  whenever you've finished he alt or ctrl or shift.

OK solved this. Whenever someone tells me it works I know it must be something im doing.

There are multiple virtual keyboard options on the surface book 2.  It would appear the default virtual keyboard does not allow modifier lock or in fact allow  the modifiers work in Affinity products. However the other keyboard options do allow shift, ctrl, alt to be locked and do work OK.  So you can tap shift, draw a circle and untap shift.