You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher + MathType 6.8 .eps problem

HI.

As i test Publisher for my use (technical books), im trireing importing some old project (to test what publisher can do for me right now ;) ). and It seems that Publisher got problems with equasions created in mathtype 6.8 and are exported as .eps (no tiff preview, with tiff preview, with wmf preview)
.wmf (but is not vector file.. corect me if im wrong) and .gif works fine.

Also those files dont open in designer or photo.

Those files works well in indesign and ilustrator.

In attachment u can see .eps file and how is publisher see this file

123new.eps

eqasions.JPG

Hi,

can you save it in PDF or some other (vector) format acceptable for Publisher?

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

As MathType spits out eps files, it's extra work to convert them...even though I can process an entire folder of the things in X minutes. I would rather leave them as eps files.

I get the same as the OP even with the fonts activated that I used in Word+MathType.

23 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

but, as Petar said: Would be much better, if you use PDF instead of EPS (EPS is a last century format, which isn’t continued by its inventor Adobe).

Well, not really Pdf is simply glorified eps.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

2 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Maybe yes, but it is well accepted everywhere and easy to import.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Not true. And you know it, I think. :) But who am I to prevent you using EPS. If you don’t need working(!!) font embedding (not vector converted and working, even if the font isn’t present on the machine), colour management, transparency, and, and, and – keep on using EPS. :)

1 minute ago, MikeW said:

There is no need for color management in MT eps files. There is no transparency. They are always 100% K. Besides, the color management part comes at the output stage.

Oh, wait. You were just talking about EPS in general...

@MikeW, you are right. I refered to Senecas general statement PDF = Glorified EPS.

22 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

I refered to Senecas general statement PDF = Glorified EPS.

What I meant was that PDF is an eps with extra features, the ones you mentioned.

But that doesn't change the fact that PDF is just a glorified eps (what I said earlier).

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

On 9/4/2018 at 5:48 PM, Petar Petrenko said:

Hi,

can you save it in PDF or some other (vector) format acceptable for Publisher?

at version 6.8 no... only eps (without, with preview), wmf or gif. yes i can convert eps -> pdf but hm... every eqasion  has own dimmensions so i waste (generete) time to proces it. also i coud do it form designer but stil file generate error. so..

back to illustrator? or buy math type ver 7.3? or use another program? hell time will tell ;)

that file was created form clean install of mathtype with default fonts. yes i can (and i use it) change font (but still no work for me ) for publication. 

On 9/4/2018 at 6:27 PM, MikeW said:

There is no need for color management in MT eps files. There is no transparency. They are always 100% K. (...)

Math Type use transparency in .wmf, .gif, and also in .eps (i usually save highlighted option) for .eps mt 6.8 dont have option (only form save window i can choose)

yes i can export in raster file but hell 6 years using math type and eps is a little habit for me.. 

mt-web-gif-transparency.JPG save-as-eps.png

On 9/4/2018 at 5:57 PM, mac_heibu said:

Here is, how „my" Affinity Publisher displays the eps. (I think it is a font issue). (...)

mac/windows? -> for me still nothing and im usuing other fonts :(

YOu can export to WMF. Publisher accepts this format.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:55 PM, Seneca said:

What I meant was that PDF is an eps with extra features, the ones you mentioned.

But that doesn't change the fact that PDF is just a glorified eps (what I said earlier).

This is wrong, a wrong could be. But I resist to discuss this, because this isn’t directly related to this thread.