jzedan

Assistant Guides (Affinity Photo)

Hey jzedan,

Would you happen to be using a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar? We've got an issue logged with the developers where a number of fields will crash when you try and enter a value but only when you have a Touch Bar.

Hey @jzedan I've managed to get my hands on a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar but I'm not getting the crash. Can you tell me what is displayed on your Touch Bar the moment you click to edit a guide? Would you be able to record what you're doing with a phone or camera?

Are you using any other hardware such as a mouse, external monitor etc?

Have you changed any of the Touch Bar settings in the System Preferences?

Can you also check that clicking the Search box in Assets/Glyph Browser also crashes?

We really need to get to the bottom of this so any extra help would be really appreciated.

Are you using any other hardware such as a mouse, external monitor etc? Not only the Magic 2 Mouse but it is indifferent as it happens with or without using it.

Have you changed any of the Touch Bar settings in the System Preferences? in the video 

Can you also check that clicking the Search box in Assets/Glyph Browser also crashes? no problem with the Glyph Browser. in text styles it falls.

Link video Touch Bar: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN8I2UcBOXvC2isE_fXovWjDEv4_7KvBn454-690cDUVQSHMIAtxqIwu_8aV-CS2g?key=LXAwVW5YVXRUa1A5NG51OVZBcnJxd0kwWFI5LWZn

I hope you can fix these errors because I really like the Affinity tools.

I work with MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)