You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transform/Anchor display doesn't work as expected

When I change the transform anchor of a picture frame, there are two anchor/transform displays: One in the properties menu, the other in the Transform panel.

From the start the upper left corner is highlighted in the transform panel.

I'd expect that when I click some other point in the transform box, this would be highlighted (white, not only bigger). But it isn't - it just changes size and the upper left corner (in the transform panel) stays highlighted.

This is irritating because it isn't clear why that is highlighted and which is the current anchor/transform position now. In the properties the point I clicked is being highlighted - but only after I close and open the panel again. It is not consistent.

What I'm not sure about: The anchor position in the properties doesn't have anything to do with the anchor position in the transform panel? Is that intended?

anchor.jpg

• Staff

Hi Quorra,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The anchor in the Picture Frame context toolbar only controls the position of the image in relation to the picture frame where its contained and is independent from the global anchor control you find in the Transform panel (used for general transforms).

The white small point in the anchor control marks the default origin anchor position of the object (in case the object is rotated for example). The bigger one represents the current selected anchor position.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.