You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

walking the dog

penwiper

Another practice drawing of a girl and her dog.  Critiques welcome!  I wish I was at the beach right now! 

Last week I sat down with my newsprint and charcoal and drew a lot of small images, took pictures of the best ones, and now I'm excited to turn them into something more substantial.  :-)  I love how if there's a line you don't like with charcoal you can just erase it with your fingers (it'll get a little smudgy but who cares) and newsprint is cheap enough that I'm not worrying about wasting materials.  I've included a photo of the sketch, as messy as it is, so that you can see my starting point! 

Some changes made to the sketch: the hands are more defined, there's an actual background, the legs are placed better on the body and more proportionate and  I nixed the sandals.  I may put them in later, but I think that's enough for right now. 

Not sure about the darker reflecting green stripe on her dress.  That may be too contrast-y.

post-3796-0-18450400-1426647617_thumb.jpg

post-3796-0-15525700-1426648688_thumb.jpg

This is sunset and paolo's territory; water colours and brushes (respectively). You should check out their work and download paolo's brush pack.

My favourite? The charcoal sketch. Why? Sheer simplicity and elegance, as well as the fact that you make it look so easy.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111