You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Facing pages on master in document without facing pages enabled

Currently when you create a document and do not set it to have facing pages, when you create a master, you still have a checkbox that shows an option for facing pages, although greyed out, it probably shouldn't show at all if the document does not have facing pages set, it's just confusing.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi AshTeriyaki,
When some command isn't available for whatever reason we usually display it grey-out. I think removing them depending on the circumstances will cause even more confusion since the user may not know why it doesn't appear/if it's s bug with the program or something else. The greyed out display at least hints that something is preventing the command from being used/available and helps familiarise with the (fixed) app layout.

I have worked with software (I'm talking about you Apple) which does as you ask and I have to say it is a poor design. The user is unaware of many features which will make life easier, yes the interface may get cluttered but at least I am made aware of options I may want to use on the next project.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.