ABSOLUTELY!! Affinity Publisher MUST include a Mail Merge function from BOTH Excel and Apple Numbers files. I do hundreds of mailings throughout the year, and this is a must have function if I am going to be able to move my workflow to Affinity Publisher. You will have my money on day one if Publisher has a good Mail Merge function similar to what Apple's Pages used to have in the iWork 9 days. Word is terrible at it and it always looks like crap, the new Pages doesn't do it and I don't want to work in something like OpenOffice that has little support and an unsure future. PLEASE PLEASE include Mail Merge!

I couldn't agree more. Currently I use PP9 64bit for most of my work but for mail merge I need to use the 32bit version apparently due to a problem with Windows 10. I really cannot see me having three publishing packages on my p.c.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, JoeSim said:

similar to what Apple's Pages used to have in the iWork 9 days. Word is terrible at it and it always looks like crap, the new Pages doesn't do it

If a word processor suits you, Nisus Writer Pro evidently supports mail merge too: https://nisus.com/pro/help/Ch132_Merge_Documents.html

I haven't tested that, just found it and thought I'd point it out as a possible alternative.

On 9/7/2018 at 5:21 PM, JoeSim said:

ABSOLUTELY!! Affinity Publisher MUST include a Mail Merge function from BOTH Excel and Apple Numbers files. I do hundreds of mailings throughout the year, and this is a must have function if I am going to be able to move my workflow to Affinity Publisher. You will have my money on day one if Publisher has a good Mail Merge function

I AGREE also. 

We use PP9 to generate a lot of catalogue's from pre defined xlsx files, including images. All using the perfect 'repeating area' in PP9. If affinity does not have Mail Merge we won't have a reason to upgrade.