You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Basic things that I'm looking for

Firstly – bravo for this. I do feel it's a little premature as there seem to be a chunk of vital things missing, and the absence of a road map leaves many of us guessing what will/won't be in the production ready app.

That said here's some things I wanted to see of the bat that, in my 2 hours messing about I felt confused about/lacking.

1. Find/Change. GREP is a must, but more basic functions like find/change needs to there from the beginning. 
  2. Why is the leading so far from the type size? In my mind they are part of the same coin. The UI has 715px between the point size and the leading. I don't understand that logic.
  3. Asymmetric draggy columns are wonderful, but I can't see how to edit the gutter. I expect it's in the pipeline.
  4. Quick apply. it's a pro level feature that pro apps have: InDesign, Cinema 4D, After Effects) so useful especially for those on smaller monitors.
  5. Bullets – aligning the following lines in bulleted lists seems only possible manually? Or did I miss something?
  6. Overflowed text. I gave up trying to work out where I had overflowed text (export alert). I don' think I really had any but all my PDFs insisted I had some.
  7. The exported PDF is the most basic PDF I've seen in years and I'm unsure if I trust it for print or screen. I need to do some more investigation, but in terms of Accessibility for screen it's appalling. Please tell me the team have a plan in place to make the best PDF's possible.