You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Picture frame and Rectangle tool

I think the picture frame is working as intended, just not as you expect. You should probably play around with the Picture Frame properties and the various options it contains. When you have the Picture Frame selected the image.png.f5a49a1179fcbadc21d6dd1a23c6c41d.png icon will appear on the context bar.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Well, I clicked every possible properties, but same thing happened. It shows the whole picture when resizing.

I'm using InDesign and QuarkXpress frame/picture tool as a comparison for APublisher's Picture Frame Tool, unless I missed something.

It looks like that the Frame Tool resets to its initial settings as soon as you resize the box, independently of prior adjustments. If the settings are to scale to max fit, it will do so, even if you just had zoomed in the picture. I would expect the "None" settings to be the one to use in that situation, but then it always reset the picture to its size at 72 dpi as soon as you resize the box. I agree that this is a little annoying. I hope it gets some attention.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.