You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edge Artifacts? Halos? Fringing? on Photo

Hi all,

I'm new to Affinity Photo, but not so new to photo editing, though I don't get anywhere near as much time for it as I would like.

I have a photo that has bright/white edges along dark objects that are in front of a bright sunset sky. These are 'straight line' edges that sometimes happen with dark objects against a bright background, but without the colour,  rather than a feathered, glow like edge which I believe are called "Halos". The file is a ".dng" as I used to use Lightroom up until a year ago ( I could find the original Camera Raw file if need be). There is no Purple or Green Fringing, but this may have been removed in Lightroom previously.

Can AP remove this for me, which I can't seem to do with my other editor? If so, how? Any videos that demonstrate this would be great. I've watched a couple of videos by James Ritson, but they are the photos used have the 'glowing' halo type of edges, so I'm not sure if the same technique would work.

St. Kilda Pirate Ship_sample.jpg

Although I am only viewing this on a mobile, (not ideal) it looks like the result of using too much Unsharp Masking. Some software and cameras apply a bit of sharpening whether you want them to or not.

It should not be on the camera raw file.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.