You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed Settings and display issue?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I have missed.

1. Bleed settings: I did find the bleed settings - was a little confused as to "left" and "right" being used to "inside" outside" from InDesign, as I normally have 0 bleed on inside, and not sure how that translates to left and right.

2. Edit: this is not in the current beta, but coming soon. Bleed Display: InDesign will show the extended bleed in the canvas...so my 7" x 10" page would appear larger in the canvas. I'm not sure if it is not showing and there is a way to make it display?   In InDesign I can toggle view modes to hide/show bleeds/preview/etc modes....don't see anything for that so not sure where to look.Any ideas here would be great.

On a side note, I see things like Constraints being in Publisher also, and the mind reels at the capabilities that could have with layouts! Really liking what I have seen thus far! Great work Affinity!

Edited by dorkboycomics
Bleed Display is answered and is forthcoming.

hello! first - thanks for doing a good job with the publisher!

i did my first steps and miss the grids for the bleed-settings

shown in the view of the page.

and - i also want to import indd-files - hope this will be possible ?!

THX - joe

5 hours ago, joe007 said:

i did my first steps and miss the grids for the bleed-settings

Same here. First of all I would like to say: Great job!!!! After a first test I miss (maybe I don't find it) »visible bleed« (grids for the bleed settings) and setting of the »crop marks«.

Thanks - Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.