You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page numbers from master page in front

Hi guys,

First off: WOW! This is the first serious alternative to Indesign for me, loving it so far!!!

As you are asking for feature requests, two things for me, i'd love to see:

- If I have page numbers in my master page, all set to "bring to front", I'd love to see them above any image I place on the page and not having to push every full page image to the background for the page numbers to appear.
- As many have alrerady requested: A possibilty to import existing Indesign files.

I'm definately a buyer for Designer as soon as it's ready!
Thanks for this awesome work!

Klemmkeil

• Staff

@Klemmkeil

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

The master pages are only at the back by default. If you drag a master page 'layer' to the top of the layers studio it will be on top of the rest of the page. 

I tend to add a blank layer to layers studio before adding content, which makes organising multiple master pages easier. (multiple master pages can be ctrl+dragged onto pages in the pages studio) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Patrick,

but that still means I need to do that on every page?

I tried, but a soon as I add a page, place a full-page-image on it, the added layer is above the master page layer that contains the page numbers. Havent found a way to tell the master page layer, that it should always be on top of the others.

Thanks,
Rainer

• 1 month later...

It would be really useful if it were possible to add a Master page to the top of the stack on all pages, rather than having to drag it there on each page individually.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 11:55 PM, PaulEC said:

It would be really useful if it were possible to add a Master page to the top of the stack on all pages, rather than having to drag it there on each page individually.

Agree.

I designed a design on Affinity Designer, and copy-paste it to Affinity Publisher. I have to drag the Masterpage to the top manually. Is there any option to make Masterpage in the top position by deffault?

Edited by hengkidh
typo

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2017 running macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1
Affinity Deisgner 1.8.6 - Affinity Photo 1.8.6 - Affinity Publisher 1.8.6