You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ProTools Icons - changed to Publisher

Hello

When I opened up an existing ProTools 2018-7 session the icon had been changed to the  publisher one!!!  Also when I clicked on it, it tried to open it in Publisher.  I was able in the "Info Tab" to change the "default app" back to ProTools, however all the icons are still Publisher.  It has done this to ALL THE - ProTools session files on my Hard-drive.  Included is a screen shot.  the ProTools extension is .ptx

Regards

Ron

Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 7.31.30 AM.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Ron Obvious

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Sorry for the delay I was waiting for a response from the developers. All Serif Affinity applications do register the .ptx file extension with the Affinity applications (Publisher Designer and Photo) as it is also used for Pentax RAW files as well as for Pro Tools sessions. You can right click (command click) on those files and choose Open With > Pro Tools to reassociate all .ptx files with Pro Tools and your computer will remember your choice

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.