You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Two font selection problems.

I have identified two font selection issues with Publisher as follows:

1. Not all font variants are available in Publisher.

In Publisher, when I select the Arial font family, only 4 variants are available. However when using Designer on the same machine, nine variants of Arial are shown, which is correct. The following two screen shots illustrate the problem.

1195779795_FontsPublisher.thumb.jpg.70f14f71813c438cb032c6a30c936356.jpg

1073676472_FontsDesigner.jpg.351f1c345f8b3a6c3cf4d24c1a963777.jpg

2. Some fonts not shown at all in Publisher.

The second problem is that some installed fonts are not showing up in the drop down at all. However, everything is OK in Designer. The fonts in question in this particular example are Sava Pro and FF Meta Pro. Here are more screen shots to illustrate this issue with Sava Pro. You can see it is missing from the list in Publisher.

Sava Pro is available in Designer.

1942265969_SavaProinDesigner.jpg.a7bedfb1f1999a6e03a4869afc91ec51.jpg

But it is missing in Publisher.

1790563601_SavaPromissinginPublisher.jpg.1776b49fe0352e7d88df5b6c5801ba4b.jpg

Thank you,
Mike.

Hi Chris,

I upgraded my installation with build 58 but the problem remained. So I then tried:

• Deleting the Windows font cache. (C:\Windows\System32\fntcache.dat).
  • Restart the computer & verify that the font cache was re-created.
  • Uninstall Affinity Publisher.
  • Preform fresh install of build 58.

Unfortunately the problem remains exactly as described. I only see 4 members of the Arial family and I don't see Sava Pro at all in the font selection drop-down. I don't know what others might be missing. Everything shows up correctly in Nexus Font.

My gut feel is that Publisher is struggling with the number of fonts installed on my machine, but I have no concrete evidence of this.

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit, Version 1803, Build 17134.285.

Is there any more information I can provide for you?

Thanks,
Mike.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on this one. I've just installed the 1.7.0.145 build and this problem is still there. Sava Pro doesn't show in the font drop down at all, and there are only four members of the Arial family. Everything is fine in Designer. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Mike.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.