wls

Small nit -- Edit / Create Style

Just opened the app for the first time, did a File / New, and went to Edit / Create Style with the expectation that this would open a dialog or point me at the right place in some panel.

Nothing happened.  (I suspect I'm supposed to put some initial content on the page, selected it, and then do this... but the menu option was available, so like a user, I clicked it.)

True. I do not understand what this command is supposed to do.

You create para & text styles in text styles panel or Text > Text Styles > 
and graphics styles in Style palette.

EDIT: Ok, it creates a graphic style based on layer selection (that is, it copies style from selected object). Does Publisher need something like this...?

Publisher on Windows does not have Edit > Create Style. Designer and Photo have it, however.

I find it interesting that Publisher has it on Mac, but as I've seen reports of Mac users getting the wrong menu options (from Photo or Designer) I wonder if that is somehow happening here, too? I think others have reporting that quitting Publisher and restarting it have given them the proper menu options.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.499 Beta