You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Small nit -- Edit / Create Style

Just opened the app for the first time, did a File / New, and went to Edit / Create Style with the expectation that this would open a dialog or point me at the right place in some panel.

Nothing happened.  (I suspect I'm supposed to put some initial content on the page, selected it, and then do this... but the menu option was available, so like a user, I clicked it.)

True. I do not understand what this command is supposed to do.

You create para & text styles in text styles panel or Text > Text Styles > 
and graphics styles in Style palette.

EDIT: Ok, it creates a graphic style based on layer selection (that is, it copies style from selected object). Does Publisher need something like this...?

Publisher on Windows does not have Edit > Create Style. Designer and Photo have it, however.

I find it interesting that Publisher has it on Mac, but as I've seen reports of Mac users getting the wrong menu options (from Photo or Designer) I wonder if that is somehow happening here, too? I think others have reporting that quitting Publisher and restarting it have given them the proper menu options.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.