You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Features I'm missing: Word files, data merges, object styles

• With InDesign I can place a lot of file types, including Word documents. InDesign doesn't natively support bidirectional synchronisation of linked Word documents (the WordsFlow software/plugin takes care of that), but I'd love to see this as a native feature in APu. It makes it a lot easier to work with copywriters as they can focus on the text using Word, while the designer simply links the contents in 'their' document. Any changes in the Word file will get auto-updated in APu (ideally also vice versa).
  • InDesign also has a very simple, yet effective, data merge function. This is something I use a lot and it would be sorely missed if APu won't get it. Support of CSV-files for data sources would suffice IMO.
  • Table styles are too hard to find and nearly impossible to understand, which makes using them a real PITA. This should get some more love & attention IMO.
  • Lastly, I seem to unable to find where Object styles are hidden, if they are available at all. These are incredible time savers that are immensely important for continuity.