You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

20 hours ago, Jens Krebs said:

Not being a native speaker, I didn't find the features in InDesign when I first started using it, because I expected "Rules" to include settings on how to handle a paragraph (keep lines together, start in new frame and such) and was not sure at all what they meant with "Shading" (I expected some shadow related features).

In Affinity, I found the decorations easily and therefore prefer this term. It could be a bit more toned down (Markups? Accolades? Markers? Accentuations?), but generelly I prefer it to Rules and Shading.

To answer your question, Bilbo Bowman, the background colouring you are looking for is activated by clicking the fifth (last) button in the decorations panel (the first four buttons are for rules / lines on the four sides of the paragraph, the last button makes a ,fill colour' selector pop up further down in the dialogue).

screenshot.jpg

Thanks, I did find it and tested it on some random text. It didn't work quite right for me last night. I could add the grey box around the first paragraph, but I also had white bars behind the text. I tried it again tonight and it worked as expected. It must have been pilot error. Thanks!

Screenshot of Affinity Publisher (2019-06-26, 9-29-16 PM).png