You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

add Arabic language please !

• 2 weeks later...

That would be a dream come true. And let me add that we also need support of R-to-L page and section order along with TOC and indexing for such scripts. IMHO this is THE step that would make Affinity products a serious threat to Adobe's.

R-to-L and complex script support is NOT only needed by countries that speak languages with non-roman-based script... Virtually EVERY DESIGNER in the world needs that now. A lot of design works are global in nature, so such support is sorely needed. Most of my work is in English, but without support for complex and R-to-L script, I can't take the product seriously, TBH. I hope they add it soon.

They probably need to introduce an advanced text-shaping engine similar to the wonderful open source harfbuzz. I find it strange that open source applications like Inkscape, GIMP, and Scribus support complex R-to-L script (some more advanced than others) while Affinity products still don't...! Yes I understand they are still new products but they have ancestry in Serif's older products. At least they should let us know they are going to add support soon and release an approximate time frame. Being totally silent about this is not reassuring..