You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource manager should be a studio panel

I don't think the Resource Manager should be a Studio panel. To make full use of it requires a wider size and I would hate to see it bounce wider/narrower when in use or focus has been moved elsewhere.

However, the information for a selected image or other asset should be in a Studio "information" studio. 

59 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I don't think the Resource Manager should be a Studio panel. To make full use of it requires a wider size and I would hate to see it bounce wider/narrower when in use or focus has been moved elsewhere.

You got a point there.

As the Resource Manager is work in progress I am just hoping for a better solution to come.

iMac 27" with macOS Mojave (German)

6 hours ago, AshTeriyaki said:

It's something you review frequently enough that it shouldn't be buried in a menu bar, I'd also say the same for the section manager.

+1

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

On 9/1/2018 at 5:18 PM, MikeW said:

However, the information for a selected image or other asset should be in a Studio "information" studio. 

Making it work in a panel can be solved though, I'd like to see them take a crack at it. I do agree that the selected image details should show in a studio as well.

+1

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 9/1/2018 at 6:18 PM, MikeW said:

I understand, that it's nice to have the UI split into 2 narrow sidepanels, as Lightroom does. And a big resource-panel is most times kind of in the way (I tried it with Indesign's on a smaller Screen - it's never broad enough)

-> BUT ever since my main workhorse got an 27 inch next to its 24 Inch AppleCinemaDisplay all the panels went to the 24 Inch. ;)

Also: since I sometimes work in the wild using my tiny 13 non-retina macbook, I appreciate the minimized panel-approach of Indesign: one icon on screen and, if pressed (not expanded), overlap all the other panels on screen, and go back to icon-size.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

I really not care where the menu command is located – I prefer to call palettes up with key shortcut anyway. It should be possible to set single studio panel appear bigger than others. Of course saved workspaces would help here.

• 1 year later...