You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need a global color swatch badge/identifier

I just discovered the 'Add Global Colour to Swatch,' but after I added it I couldn't tell the difference in a Local and Global color swatch.

Is there a way to do this, or do we need a badge/identifier added to the global color swatches in a future update?

Thanks for any help!

• Staff

Sorry but the Global colour swatch feature isn't complete yet. This shouldn't of made it into the release candidate and will be removed.

We are still developing the feature and should return in a future beta build.

Sorry for any confusion.

I was thinking global as in Adobe Illustrator, but after reading some more about it, it sounds like a different feature.

I like Illustrator's global color checkbox (in the dialogue panel after you double-click a swatch) which lets you change that 'global' color swatch's color value, then any objects with that color swatch applied to it also gets the new color value.

I would like to be able to do this in Affinity also, it's very efficient and keeps you from having to find (and change) every object with that swatch applied to it  :)

To me, will suffice have an "User" swatch that I can save and load, so I can keep together the colours I need for each project and organize them in separate files.

If the actual user swatch is also saved within the project file, will be the great: I open the .afdesign project and my user swatch already filled with all my colours :)