You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher feedback and suggestions: Read This

• Staff

We welcome your comments on your experiences using the public beta of Affinity Publisher, but please can they be posted in this other dedicated forum, thank you. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

I would request that Publisher be able to read Microsoft Publisher documents. I do not care if there is the ability to export to Microsoft Publisher as I find that the product to be poorly written and even more poorly supported. I am in a situation where Microsoft Publisher is used but my users find that the “features” only work part of the time. Furthermore, the files are easily corrupted and no apparent reason can be found for the corruption.

Thank you for your consideration.

I would really like to see how the integration works with Designer and Photo. Do those two buttons; Vector and Photo Persona just launch the respective programs or is there tighter integration. Not really keen on making round trips between programs to do minor tasks. For example; no clone tool in Designer means a trip into Photo to touch up a bitmap then back to Designer.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dnumiar said:

There is a problem with the Text Wrap function. When I try to change the Text Wrap option to a placed EPS Document, Publisher crashes and I have to force quit the program.

If the program really crashed it would no longer be running and you wouldn’t have to force quit, so it must be hanging rather than crashing. Please create a new thread about the problem in the appropriate one of the two bug sections in the Affinity Publisher Beta Forums.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I really REALLY *REALLY* hope there will be data merge (from csv/xls ecc. to table layout) of some sort. I think that’s the last step publisher needs to accomplish to let professionals really say goodbye to InDesign.

I personally, but think many others too, need a way to automatise some portions of a large project and bind data and images to a spreadsheet.

So far i’m in love with affinity publisher, until now i had only little 1 crash and almost no bugs (project was a 12 page booklet). It almost didn’t feel like a beta. Nice work Serif!

• Staff

@s.mancuso

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

there are suggestion forums for Publisher with long threads on data merging, just follow the link in the first post in this thread. Thanks.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon