You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drop cap interior decorations / patterns / designs.

Hello,

I'm writing a children's book with multiple illustrations and some digitally altered photographic work. 

Is there a way to infill a drop cap letter with patterns and decorative artwork.

Is it then possible to embellish the created drop capped letter with artwork on the outside of that letter? (For instance Ivy Creepers)

I suspect an individual letter that had already been decorated in Designer might work here ... but need advice.

I had a lengthy comedy published in October 2017 which was written with the Storyist software and then published on Kindle. It was far from easy to deal with the correct formatting for a rather standard book. I have been waiting for this Serif Publisher software in the hope that publishing a short children's illustrated book would be much more straightforward. I hoped to publish in both printed format and digital too. I sincerely hope it will be relatively easy for Publisher to actually use the created files with a publisher. I doubt Kindle e-books would cope!

From what I've seen of the tutorials so far,  I do believe this software will really deliver what I'd planned.

Very impressed with what I'm seeing.

Well done Serif.

R L Fielding