You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Pages Crash

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new document with default settings (non-facing pages).
  2. Create a new master page.
  3. Change document settings to enable facing pages.
  4. Create a new master page.
  5. Double-click the two master pages back and forth a few times.

The first time I did this I actually got a kernel panic. My computer immediately shut down and restarted. It's rare that this happens to me so it was very surprising and exciting! :79_smiley_cat: Luckily I didn't lose anything important.

Crash logs attached and also in raw text form linked below:

♥️Affinity v2; macOS 14; ⌨️🖱; recreational user since 2014.

Yes, it still crashes in build 58. Specifically when switching between a facing and non-facing master page.

@Pauls I tested 'OpenGL (Basic)' and Software. OpenGL was the default selection and Metal is disabled for me.

It crashed and kernel-panicked in every case.

Sometimes it freezes upon trying to create the second master page, with the master page settings window partially faded away. Sometimes it crashes the first time I try to switch between the masters and sometimes only after 3-5 times switching back and forth.

No artboards, I just created a new document with default settings.

It's not affecting any work for me by the way. I just happened to run into this while pocking around.

Please enjoy your day.

Newest crash log: Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-09-07-142515_Hawks-MBP.crash

♥️Affinity v2; macOS 14; ⌨️🖱; recreational user since 2014.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.