You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, polle said:

I just installed a Font and the same, Affinity Photo is not loading it.

Any Solution?

What OS?
Do you have a font manager?
What font?
Do other applications see it?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2019 at 6:22 AM, PG44 said:

I have affinity publisher on my laptop and works fine with the calibri font which was has always been one of my preinstalled fonts.

Just noticed when using Affinity Publisher on my IMAC (which also has calibri as a preinstalled font and always has) that the Publisher file I have created on my laptop is not formatted correctly on the IMAC and that is because the calibri font is not recognised and using a substitute.

This is extremely frustrating - how can it be that the Calibri font I use in Word and goodness what else on my IMAC is not recognising Calibri within Publisher or Designer?

Wow, I have exactly the same issue between my MacBook Pro (Catalina) and iMac (Catalina). The laptop recognizes calibri, iMac doesn't?? Both fonts were pre-installed in the OS and both have worked for all other software I have ever used.

1 hour ago, Ken Wyatt said:

The laptop recognizes calibri, iMac doesn't?? Both fonts were pre-installed in the OS...

I don't know if this is relevant but Calibri is a proprietary product of Microsoft. It is not pre-installed on Macs unless maybe you bought MS Office at the same time you bought your Mac.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, Ken Wyatt said:

Wow, I have exactly the same issue between my MacBook Pro (Catalina) and iMac (Catalina). The laptop recognizes calibri, iMac doesn't?? Both fonts were pre-installed in the OS and both have worked for all other software I have ever used.

As R C-R has said Calibri a Microsoft font and does come with Microsoft Office if you have it, if you don't you won't have it by default on your iMac. You can probably find a copy online by doing some googling. 

11 minutes ago, wonderings said:

You can probably find a copy online by doing some googling.

There’s no need to search any further than the top of this page!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ah, OK. Got it! Just strange that while I see the calibri font as a choice on the iMac, Publisher doesn't recognize it. I think I've decided to use an alternate font, Crimson Pro, which I've downloaded to both computers.

Thanks all, for the help, Ken