You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sorry if it appears rude to post a Google link - but I had to search online to find an answer for you, so you may as well see the information from the source to save me retyping it! :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adding+fonts+to+a+mac&oq=adding+fonts+to+a+mac

It's something you do in the operating system rather than in any one design program. To find fonts, consider searching for royalty free OpenType fonts or free fonts - it depends on your needs. Some well constructed and attractive fonts can be very expensive, and that may or may not be worth it for you. Some designers here can also add more useful tried and tested resources to help further.

Best wishes. 

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

• Staff

Hi Luiz A.

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As Dale said you install new fonts through the OS, not in a specific design app. The design applications then access the fonts installed on your system. Here's two video tutorials that explain how to install fonts manually and using Font Book (a font manager that comes with OS X).

To get new fonts, besides buying them from online shops, you can also get some decent fonts for free from open source projects, and from some designers and type foundries (some offer one or two weights for free). One of the best resources for free quality fonts is Font Squirrel. Also check Font Fabric for some interesting Display fonts.

• 3 months later...

I have some svg libraries installed in my mac already. I have used those font icons before under adobe products.  I am doing a mockup of a website with affinity and I am almost done, however, I cannot figure out how to include svg icons in my design.  I can see that they are in my list of icons; but once I choose "font awesome" where is the list of svg icons? How I can choose the icon to use it in the project?

I am having what I believe is the same issue.

I have at least 15 fonts that are in my font library on my Mac, some purchased others I've downloaded for free. These fonts show up in my other programs, such as Photoshop. They do not show up in Affinity.

It's frustrating because one of my purchased fonts is the font in my logo and now I can't make any designs for my brand with Affinity.

Help please!

• 3 weeks later...

The main issue I'm having is importing my logo (attached), which includes the Souvenir Light font. Affinity is not recognising at that stage, so it uses another one at import and the layout is messed up as a result. Souvenir Light is shown in in the font menu though...

Please see attached for before and after import

post-14481-0-65183500-1436954730_thumb.png

post-14481-0-41457300-1436954850_thumb.png

I am also having issues with text being recognised when editing posters in Affinity Designer....

The three files are:

Cubano-Regular

NexaBold
NexaLight

Help would be greatly appreciated as I have a few deadlines for the poster designs and need the fonts to appear!

Here are some that did not import into Affinity:

Hand of Sean

7 Hours

Allura

Annie use your telescope

Bad Script

Cabana

Ever After

At the moment Affinity doesn't recognise newly added fonts until it has been restarted, or until Preferences > Miscellaneous 

> Reset Fonts has been clicked. I've just tried the first font from your list, from http://www.dafont.com/hand-of-sean.font, and the second, from http://fontzone.net/download/7-hours. Both worked (that is, appeared in our font lists and rendered OK) after I Reset Fonts. Cubano-Regular from http://www.losttype.com/font/?name=cubanoalso worked. Does Reset Fonts make them work for you, or is there more to it?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I also have this problem with Skia (version 10.0d4e1, installed at path /Library/Fonts/Skia.ttf, listed as "© 1993-2014 Apple Inc."). All its font faces are listed as choices in AD (& AP) but none actually can be applied. Plus, only the Underline style (but not Bold or Italic) is selectable in the Context toolbar for this font, but it also does not do anything.

All the Skia font faces & styles work as expected in other apps like TexEdit, so it isn't a problem with the font itself, & resetting fonts in AD or AP does not change anything.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Autorigin said:

Will fonts be updated on connection to iMac?

I do not understand what you mean. Currently, at least on my system newly installed fonts are recognized immediately in the Affinity apps without the need to restart the app or reset fonts.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem, with a relatively normal font: Myriad Pro. I get a message upon opening a pdf file using that font that says MyriadPro-Regular is missing. I can change it to "Myriad Pro" font family, but only "Bold" is available. I use this font (bold, regular, and other subsets) all the time in other programs. It has nothing to do with restarting AD or "resetting" the fonts. Anybody have any ideas as to what is happening here??? 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I too have the same problem. I can't use some of the official fonts my University uses, despite them being available in ALL other programs on my mac. It seems Affinity designer has some severe flaws when it comes to handling of fonts. I have never before come across a program that cannot handleTimes New Roman and Arial

4 hours ago, MattiasA said:

I too have the same problem. I can't use some of the official fonts my University uses, despite them being available in ALL other programs on my mac. It seems Affinity designer has some severe flaws when it comes to handling of fonts. I have never before come across a program that cannot handleTimes New Roman and Arial

I am using MAC Sierra.   My Affinity Designer v. 1.6.5 is handling all fonts perfectly, including Arial and Times New Roman.   As for Abu Shoeb, who posted above you in 2018, I tried Palace Script MT too.   Also perfect. 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

5 hours ago, MattiasA said:

Are the fonts on a server? and Are you looking in the fonts All Fonts mini menu-menu selector.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 months later...

I have affinity publisher on my laptop and works fine with the calibri font which was has always been one of my preinstalled fonts.

Just noticed when using Affinity Publisher on my IMAC (which also has calibri as a preinstalled font and always has) that the Publisher file I have created on my laptop is not formatted correctly on the IMAC and that is because the calibri font is not recognised and using a substitute.

This is extremely frustrating - how can it be that the Calibri font I use in Word and goodness what else on my IMAC is not recognising Calibri within Publisher or Designer?