You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

System files corrupted by Publisher's installation on Windows 7

After installing Publisher it opened OK. Shortly after I closed it I restarted my computer, which I do everyday to flush the memory.

During the restart an error message came on the screen that system files were missing and the Start page was blank.

I used System Restore to put my computer back to what it was before installing Publisher.

Works fine now.

I had started a list of suggested feature to add to Publisher. But I don't dare reinstall it.

9 hours ago, Justice Denied said:

I had started a list of suggested feature to add to Publisher. But I don't dare reinstall it.

Go for it, it may have been a one off glitch.

But if not try to identify which system files it says were missing, which may help Serif understand what happened

Also, when reinstalling make sure logging is switched on (instructions on the forum somewhere)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Try to search "Windows 7 system file missing" etc... you'll find many many articles/posts here and there.

Maybe, your windows was corrupted(but working at least), and Windows could not save it properly when doing shutdown OS.

You can repair this issue by yourself(see articles etc... on internet).

I'm not sure, but, it might be driver problem on your Windows system.

(If you didn't setup necessary drivers for HDD, etc,  on your Windows 7,  Windows cannot save system file properly and it becomes corrupted.)

Did you properly install INTEL files on your Windows ? I met with this trouble twice when using Windows 7 32bit(5 or 6 years ago).

Do you check your eventlog ? Do you find some error reports in it ? I think it's not  the problem of Affinity Publisher.

Anyway, try to search it on internet, you'll find its solution. And check your eventlog, at least once or twice or thrice every day.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.