You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trying to test a book layout ... 300 pages ... facing ... each page 2 columns ... any chance to get the columns preset for all pages? All text frames connected ... Or starting with one page (double column masterpage) and AP automatically adds all necessary pages to fit the imported text into columns of all pages? Or is AP currently more designed for flyers and small print projects?

Cheers, Timo 

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

7 hours ago, DarkClown said:

Or is AP currently more designed for flyers and small print projects?

Cheers, Timo 

A 300 page book? As long as Publisher lacks a good book function (like InDesign, Quark, Framemaker, and even Word(!)), I wouldn't touch Publisher for this type of work myself. I'm sure it will be added at some point though. It should, otherwise it can't hold a candle to the competition out there. Simple as that.

54 minutes ago, Medical Officer Bones said:

A 300 page book? As long as Publisher lacks a good book function (like InDesign, Quark, Framemaker, and even Word(!)), I wouldn't touch Publisher for this type of work myself. I'm sure it will be added at some point though. It should, otherwise it can't hold a candle to the competition out there. Simple as that.

Fully agree ... and despite the fact everybody is screaming and cheering like hell ... it seems way to go ... curently it seems OK for a poster/leavlet ot brochure when the beta bugs are gone...

Jens, thanks for the hint but that does not work at all. After copying lots of random text from the clipboard into the textframe AP completely blocks my system. The cursor moves 2 cm every second. And clicking the overflow Icon in combination with shift does not have any effect ... As I said above AP is not at all prepared for many pages ... 

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com