Trying to test a book layout ... 300 pages ... facing ... each page 2 columns ... any chance to get the columns preset for all pages? All text frames connected ... Or starting with one page (double column masterpage) and AP automatically adds all necessary pages to fit the imported text into columns of all pages? Or is AP currently more designed for flyers and small print projects?

Cheers, Timo 

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

7 hours ago, DarkClown said:

Or is AP currently more designed for flyers and small print projects?

Cheers, Timo 

A 300 page book? As long as Publisher lacks a good book function (like InDesign, Quark, Framemaker, and even Word(!)), I wouldn't touch Publisher for this type of work myself. I'm sure it will be added at some point though. It should, otherwise it can't hold a candle to the competition out there. Simple as that.

54 minutes ago, Medical Officer Bones said:

A 300 page book? As long as Publisher lacks a good book function (like InDesign, Quark, Framemaker, and even Word(!)), I wouldn't touch Publisher for this type of work myself. I'm sure it will be added at some point though. It should, otherwise it can't hold a candle to the competition out there. Simple as that.

Fully agree ... and despite the fact everybody is screaming and cheering like hell ... it seems way to go ... curently it seems OK for a poster/leavlet ot brochure when the beta bugs are gone...

Jens, thanks for the hint but that does not work at all. After copying lots of random text from the clipboard into the textframe AP completely blocks my system. The cursor moves 2 cm every second. And clicking the overflow Icon in combination with shift does not have any effect ... As I said above AP is not at all prepared for many pages ... 

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

9 hours ago, Jens Krebs said:

Hi Timo,

create your text frame on the first page manually (2 columns), copy and paste ALL your text and then click the text frames flow icon while holding your shift key.

Thanks. Hidden gem, works perfectly.