You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Find and replace

Thanks, Hawk. For some reason it is not there at all in my Text menu (Mac), where the first item is 'Show Character' and ⌘F has no effect (even though the preferences show that this is set). However,  it is, as you say, there under View > Studio > Find and Replace, which is good. It does seem, however that there are certain features, menu options and keyboard shortcuts that some users are seeing while I'm not – another is the View > Hide All Guides option, which I don't have anywhere (and the recommended keyboard shortcut doesn't work there either. I'm wondering if this could be a Mac/Windows issue - a few lacunae in the Mac version. Just for interest you using the Mac or the Windows version?

Louismac

Incidentally, I am not lacking all keyboard shortcuts, only some. One feature I was keen to look into was Publisher's handling of character spacing – kerning, tracking, baseline shift (etc), and it is encouraging to find, in the character palette, the required controls much as one is familiar with them in ID or QXP. But character spacing can also be controlled in quite a handy way by Text > Spacing > Tighten/Loosen, and here the keyboard shortcuts  (option <-  / -> ) work fine. It is a less fine control than the character palette offers, but very handy.

Louismac

OK - quitting Publisher and relaunching seems to have solved the problem - I now have Find and Replace and Hide all Guides in the menus where they're supposed to be - no idea why that didn't work after previous relaunches (they really were not there, and i notice that some others had the same experience), but in any case it seems to be working now. In answewr to mac_heibu, yes I had checked the Preferences for shortcuts, which ppeared correctly set when things were not working, It seems to have been the relaunch (not reopening an unsaved file) that fixed things. So, even if something has been a bit buggy, things are definitely looking up. Thanks to all concerned.

Louismac.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.