You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So far I have seen only two bugs. Some times it's not possible to select text in a text frame. I have to change to another tool and go back to the text frame, then it works fine again. And the issue with margins in Masterpages, covered in other threads.

I love to work in Publisher and will definitely buy it when released.

To select text in a text frame you have to have selected the text tool, it won't automatically change to a text tool as it does in PPlus, I have asked elsewhere if this could be perhaps changed as I feel that the PP default is better.

Personally I have a love/hate relationship with how PP works. When using PP, half the time when I only want to move a frame and I am just a hair off of the text frame and I enter into an editing situation with the text cursor active. I like the manner in which it takes a double-click to enter into the text with the text cursor active in a text frame in Affinity applications more than I like the single-click in the Plus applications.

22 minutes ago, MikeW said:

When using PP, half the time when I only want to move a frame and I am just a hair off of the text frame and I enter into an editing situation with the text cursor active.

I almost never try to click on a text frame in PP unless I want to visually adjust the frame margins or column blinds. I usually just click inside the text frame (which makes the text cursor appear) and then press the Escape key on my keyboard.

Edit: In theory I could use the Move cursor at top left of the frame, but I’m so set in my ways that I tend not to think of doing that!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I almost never try to click on a text frame in PP unless I want to visually adjust the frame margins or column blinds. I usually just click inside the text frame (which makes the text cursor appear) and then press the Escape key on my keyboard.

Well, I do usually hit escape when I've missed my target. But when in a hurry, have you ever accidentally entered the text frame twice...I have once or twice when all I meant was to move the text frame. So yep, enter the frame, hit escape, try to grab the frame edge again and rinse & repeat. My own personal Groundhog's Day event.

So the Affinity applications are perfect behavior for an idiot too often in a hurry like myself!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.