You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Price for Publisher

I don´t know if this has been discussed before, but i´d be interested to know how much Publisher would cost when the final Version is released.
Do you already have price expectations? And will it be more expensive than Photo and/or Designer?

Greetings
Uwe

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

I hope so too that the price will be the same as their ohter programs, but i think, when i develop a new software, i have expectations for a price. Ok.. if not, i wait but i was only interested.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Johannes said:

If I had to guess, I would say € 79 with a starting discount of  33 % which makes about € 53.

Why would you guess that it'd be more expensive than the other Affinity products ?

My guess is it'll be the same £48.99 as either Photo or Designer, though hopefully they'll offer it with a great discount like Photo :)

(I got my copy of Photo that way for the intro price £29.99 :)

On 10/24/2018 at 7:51 AM, 3drenderingservices.co.uk said:

Why would you guess that it'd be more expensive than the other Affinity products ?

My guess is it'll be the same £48.99 as either Photo or Designer, though hopefully they'll offer it with a great discount like Photo :)

(I got my copy of Photo that way for the intro price £29.99 :)

To put this in context, the full GBP price of the app wouldn’t have been as much as £48.99 at the time. I think Tier 50 products (US$49.99) were £39.99 in the UK when Affinity Photo was launched, so an introductory price of £29.99 would have represented a 25% discount.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, mac_heibu said:

Before calling the „staff“, use the search command. Steven from the Affinity crew already answered: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/66065-pricing/

I would have had to search for pricing to find that. I searched for Publisher price, which I felt was a better search. Anyway, I do appreciate your link to the info.

• 5 months later...

For me I think would be fair to be more expensive than the other two. Is way better than InDesign since integrates all the same Studios as the other two, Designer and Photo, plus publication specific tasks as packaging, PDF engine for professional printing. All of those cost money to integrate and sometimes developers has to pay extra licenses to integrate those services, so my best bet they would cost double the price Designer and Photo. 

And I think is fair, as I mentioned before.

2 hours ago, Raphie said:

since integrates all the same Studios as the other two, Designer and Photo

This is not correct.

Publisher's Designer and Photo Personas (and hence the unique features / studios of each product) will only be available if you own licensed copies of Designer and Photo respectively.

If you don't own them you will be limited to the tools of Publisher itself, which is what we have in the current Beta phase.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

The price tag of Publisher is going to be such that we will have to remortgage our homes in order to afford it. :25_money_mouth:

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, Aammppaa said:

If you don't own them you will be limited to the tools of Publisher itself,

True, and fair, but still you will be able to open *.aphoto and *.adesigner files. With or without the licenses when you open them in Publisher you cannot used them back in Photo or Designer, and still is fair.

Have you ever dealt with Adobe InDesign? Only Photoshop allows you to save in formats you can open on all versions of Photoshop, and InDesign do not open PSD files, you can import them.

That my friend give an incomparable value to Publisher. I can start a mock up on Photo, continue on Designer, and finishing up on Publisher, or you can either use Publisher itself with few limitations. But having the ability to open a Photo file with all its layers is unthinkable from the Adobe CC perspective.

The Affinity developers are doing an amazing job here, and they deserve to profit from it. And no matter what the price, is a one time payment. Work hard in some project and invest in you.

5 minutes ago, Raphie said:

when you open them in Publisher you cannot used them back in Photo or Designer

That is not correct. When you save a Photo or Designer version 1.6 file from Publisher beta version 1.7 you cannot open the resaved file in a version 1.6 app, but you can open it in a beta version 1.7 app (and you should be able to open it in retail version 1.7 unless the file format changes before retail release).

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

That is not correct. When you save a Photo or Designer version 1.6 file from Publisher beta version 1.7 you cannot open the resaved file in a version 1.6 app, but you can open it in a beta version 1.7 app (and you should be able to open it in retail version 1.7 unless the file format changes before retail release).

I didn't knew that, thanks for the clarification. I was just repeating what the warning that prompt when opening one of those files, currently is still true... in semantics... because I can open them and save them as Publisher files and I still be able to reopen the original file on the original App.

• 3 weeks later...

The answer my friend,
is blowing in the wind...

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• Staff

Those who already signed up for this beta should find out (very) soon. Information (you know) like price, date, (discount) that sort of thing...

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

16 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Information you know like price, date that sort of thing...

Or rather, information some of us think we know, like US$49.99 minus the usual generous launch discount, June 2019, etc.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
37 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Or rather, information some of us think we know,....

I've edited my post and added braces to show the emphasis I had in my head

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

$100.000 + Bentley Mulsane Speed included? :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

11 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I've edited my post and added braces to show the emphasis I had in my head

I think I knew that’s what you meant, Patrick! And you probably knew, or at least guessed, that I knew. ;)

Alfred spacer.png

39 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

50 bucks for Affinity Publisher is TOO cheap!

Probably at least 79-89 $|£...

Nobody stops you to pay to them even $10.000. Just ask them to send you a bill. :)

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Those who already signed up for this beta should find out (very) soon. Information (you know) like price, date, (discount) that sort of thing...

Bet your cat knows!!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9