I don´t know if this has been discussed before, but i´d be interested to know how much Publisher would cost when the final Version is released.
Do you already have price expectations? And will it be more expensive than Photo and/or Designer?

Greetings
Uwe

Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.6.5.123    AD 1.6.5.123    APUB 1.7.0.238     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

Hoping that is the same as their other programs. But wouldn't that be great if they put a sale price out the first week?

Or even now, as a Beta buy.

I hope so too that the price will be the same as their ohter programs, but i think, when i develop a new software, i have expectations for a price. Ok.. if not, i wait but i was only interested.

Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.6.5.123    AD 1.6.5.123    APUB 1.7.0.238     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

If I had to guess, I would say € 79 with a starting discount of  33 % which makes about € 53.

Advertising designer - Austria — Affinity Designer - Photo - Publisher — Cs6 d&wP — Mac Pro (09)12GB - SSD - OS X 10.11.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

On 9/1/2018 at 3:10 PM, Johannes said:

If I had to guess, I would say € 79 with a starting discount of  33 % which makes about € 53.

Why would you guess that it'd be more expensive than the other Affinity products ?

My guess is it'll be the same £48.99 as either Photo or Designer, though hopefully they'll offer it with a great discount like Photo :)

(I got my copy of Photo that way for the intro price £29.99 :)

The answer to the cost of Publisher is very important to me. I can't invest time in the beta without knowing at least a projected cost range. Staff please reply.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:51 AM, 3drenderingservices.co.uk said:

Why would you guess that it'd be more expensive than the other Affinity products ?

My guess is it'll be the same £48.99 as either Photo or Designer, though hopefully they'll offer it with a great discount like Photo :)

(I got my copy of Photo that way for the intro price £29.99 :)

To put this in context, the full GBP price of the app wouldn’t have been as much as £48.99 at the time. I think Tier 50 products (US$49.99) were £39.99 in the UK when Affinity Photo was launched, so an introductory price of £29.99 would have represented a 25% discount.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, mac_heibu said:

Before calling the „staff“, use the search command. Steven from the Affinity crew already answered: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/66065-pricing/

I would have had to search for pricing to find that. I searched for Publisher price, which I felt was a better search. Anyway, I do appreciate your link to the info.

For me I think would be fair to be more expensive than the other two. Is way better than InDesign since integrates all the same Studios as the other two, Designer and Photo, plus publication specific tasks as packaging, PDF engine for professional printing. All of those cost money to integrate and sometimes developers has to pay extra licenses to integrate those services, so my best bet they would cost double the price Designer and Photo. 

And I think is fair, as I mentioned before.

2 hours ago, Raphie said:

since integrates all the same Studios as the other two, Designer and Photo

This is not correct.

Publisher's Designer and Photo Personas (and hence the unique features / studios of each product) will only be available if you own licensed copies of Designer and Photo respectively.

If you don't own them you will be limited to the tools of Publisher itself, which is what we have in the current Beta phase.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

ScreenToGIF (Open Source, Portable, ~610kB)

On 4/9/2019 at 1:32 PM, Aammppaa said:

If you don't own them you will be limited to the tools of Publisher itself,

True, and fair, but still you will be able to open *.aphoto and *.adesigner files. With or without the licenses when you open them in Publisher you cannot used them back in Photo or Designer, and still is fair.

Have you ever dealt with Adobe InDesign? Only Photoshop allows you to save in formats you can open on all versions of Photoshop, and InDesign do not open PSD files, you can import them.

That my friend give an incomparable value to Publisher. I can start a mock up on Photo, continue on Designer, and finishing up on Publisher, or you can either use Publisher itself with few limitations. But having the ability to open a Photo file with all its layers is unthinkable from the Adobe CC perspective.

The Affinity developers are doing an amazing job here, and they deserve to profit from it. And no matter what the price, is a one time payment. Work hard in some project and invest in you.

5 minutes ago, Raphie said:

when you open them in Publisher you cannot used them back in Photo or Designer

That is not correct. When you save a Photo or Designer version 1.6 file from Publisher beta version 1.7 you cannot open the resaved file in a version 1.6 app, but you can open it in a beta version 1.7 app (and you should be able to open it in retail version 1.7 unless the file format changes before retail release).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

That is not correct. When you save a Photo or Designer version 1.6 file from Publisher beta version 1.7 you cannot open the resaved file in a version 1.6 app, but you can open it in a beta version 1.7 app (and you should be able to open it in retail version 1.7 unless the file format changes before retail release).

I didn't knew that, thanks for the clarification. I was just repeating what the warning that prompt when opening one of those files, currently is still true... in semantics... because I can open them and save them as Publisher files and I still be able to reopen the original file on the original App.

2 hours ago, Raphie said:

I didn't knew that, thanks for the clarification. I was just repeating what the warning that prompt when opening one of those files, currently is still true... in semantics... because I can open them and save them as Publisher files and I still be able to reopen the original file on the original App.

There's no "Publisher" files, because the fileformat is the same in all Affinity suite (Designer, Photo, Publisher)...