You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Existing bleeds on Master Pages lost in Export

I have set up a document with bleed and designed master pages so that photos are larger than page size for printing and cropping.

However, when I export for print, those bleeds do not show (photo is cut exactly to the crop marks). (See two attached JPGs)

However, when I move those photos from master pages to individual pages, bleed is exported. Am I missing something or is this a beta-version bug?

Kind regards,

Christoph

missing bleed export.jpg

correct bleed export.jpg

• Staff

@cwlindner

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Seems like a bug, are you on Mac or Windows please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 5 years later...

Still occurring in Publisher 2.3.0.

• Create a new document with bleed.
  • Add a fill to the master page. Notice how it extends to the bleed.
  • Switch to the spreads using this master page. Notice how the bleed is not visible there.
  • Export to PDF and notice how your bleed gets cropped.

Hi @davidkuri,

This appears to be working, am I missing a step somewhere... Bleed is universal in as much as it's either shown or it's hidden so I'm unsure why you see it on the Master page but not on your spread...

Could you perhaps make a quick screen recording showing your complete UI so we can see what you're seeing?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Hey @Hangman, thanks for your reply. I dug a little deeper and the error seems to be that adding a fill layer (in the Photo persona) does not extend the bounds of the master page. By default, the master page as element on the individual pages does not cover the bleed, which seems odd to me. If you add a rectangle to the master page like you did, the bounds are extended correctly.

• Staff

Thanks for your report @davidkuri!

I can confirm I've been able to replicate this issue here and I'm getting it logged with our development team now.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!