You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta RC3 (1.1.2.23834)

Hi Gadget,

You will be able switch the language inside the program in Preferences ▹ General tab on the bottom (Language dropdown).

I believe all Affinity Suite will be available in German, but i must confirm this yet.

Hi Meb . So I can now set designer affinity and later change this in the program , or do I have to wait until this version is available .

@Gadget,

If you are using the Mac App Store version, you will have to wait for the next update (available this week if everything goes well). If you are using the Beta (the development version available from this forum) you can already switch to German.

@MEB

Thank you for this info .

Greeting Gadget

Hi Dave,

The handles are supposed to be placed on different sides of the curve. Some should be inside and some outside. That works for me, but it's not what I'm seeing in your video. Strange.

most of the time the handles *are* placed on different sides of the curve, but sometimes not ... as you can see in my video. So this might be a bug ...  :unsure:

Cheers,

Alex

Ah, I see. The handles are supposed to go on the opposite side to the text they effect, and that is indeed happening, but you have reversed the curve for one text line so both pieces of text are on the same side. Really we intended the two text lines to always be on opposite sides. I will tweak it so that in future the Reverse button always reverses both sides of the curve.

Congratulations, Matt! Just downloaded ... wow, this is so great ...  :D

Oh, just a little observation: The version number in the German app store seems to be 1.1.2 (which caused some confusion to me), while the splash screen of AD has version 1.2 ... but nevertheless: congratulations again!

Alex  :)

EDIT Deleted screen shots (obsolete).

Big problem!

I did the "official version" update and now it's impossible to open the beta version. When I try to open the Beta a message appear asking for the official version to be installed on the computer  and off course it is!

I'm in french version (if it help)

Thank you to look what appened

FORGET this post my SSD crashed, I did'nt know that at time posting. Sorry for the inconvenience

For the moderators, we can erase this message.

Mmmmmmm just woke up. It feeling like Christmas and I can smell warm croissants baking in the oven! Please pass the butter as I download the latest update :)

Cheers! 

• Staff

There is a new Designer Beta about to be released in a few minutes. The beta was originally intended to just work for customers who have purchased the Mac App Store version and as such it checks the App Store installed program - which will now fail to validate because it has been changed. This will be updated shortly.

As MEB says, the functionality of the Mac App Store 1.2 version is now identical to the most recent beta version, so you haven't lost anything :)

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.