You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta RC3 (1.1.2.23834)

• 1 year later...

Hi Kevin,

It's definitely deliberate - but as to whether or not it's desired, that's a different matter! :S

Now that I've seen your example I can't think why I'd ever want it to act the way it currently acts - but someone obviously thought about it here and made it work that way, so... I'd better ask some questions and get back to you! ;)

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt, any progress on this to report. I just had another job using designer where this forced me to rethink a work around.

Here's an example of how the similar thing looks in illustrator for a comparison.

First example is designer using the transparency tool, second one I did up quick in illustrator using their opacity mask workflow. The illustrator example is what I'm shooting for, a complete fade to nothing.

post-305-0-43915300-1491423084_thumb.png

post-305-0-15562100-1491423104_thumb.png

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Matt, almost 3 years to the day from my post above and here in the latest mac beta 1.9.0.2 this is still an issue. The transparency tool doesn't create a nice fade to zero, it's still adding the inner shadow along the gradient.

Do you know if anyone managed to look into this?

Thanks, Kevin

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.16.37 PM.png

Kevin, I fear the only (?) way you can address this issue currently will be by (a) putting your shape inside a group, (b) applying the effect to the shape, but (c) the fade to the group. I don’t know whether anyone has suggested this workaround to you, but should that be the case, just disregard my post. 😀

Fade.png.a345bef0064c5d8909bff3030c8c57bc.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.