You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Dampsquid said:

Painfully... 236 page document, been exporting now for 50 minutes, shows around 2/3 complete. :-/

Is it a graphic heavy PDF or is your computer a little old? Even in beta that sounds extremely slow.

I tried exporting a 180 pg PDF from a math textbook and seemed to export as I would expect from Indesign. My computer is a maxed out 5K iMac though with a 1tb flash drive so that helps with a lot of things. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue with a day planner interior (so, 365+ pages). Multiple hours (I think 2, or maybe more?) and there are no "pictures" or colors. Just lines and letters/numbers, and it is still hours! I've double checked settings, and they appear normal, but yeah it takes for.ever.

• 1 year later...

Hello all together

I have the same issue here. 20-paged brochure, quite graphic heavy (a background image on every page, pictures). I also have some PDF files with vectorized text. I had to convert the text into vectors because Publisher does not just place a PDF with included fonts into the document but rather "opens" the file; so all of the fonts are completely messed up.

The export takes about 3 hours. However, the exported PDF file isn't that big (62 MB, which is the normal size for a high-end print PDF). I tried different settings, but even the low-res export takes about 2 hours.

These are my settings: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2.2 GHz, macOS 10.14.6, 16 GB RAM, Publisher v.1.7.3

Edited by toco
added OS version

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.