You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Impleneted] How add Hyperlink (url) on the text

Hi, from my point of view there is no option to hyperlink text in Affinity Designer directly, but at least it's possible in Affinity Publisher – might help you. Another way could be to implement hyperlinks in SVG– or PDF–Export (like said before) while post processing your Affinity Designer worksheet ... SVG has the advantage, that is nativley integrable in an HTML file ... is wish you success ...

Just another query on hyperlinks which I often copy and paste from others text for newsletters, which more often than not arrives in the body of an email. If it is a full hyperlink Publisher recognises it and it works as an hyperlink in the exported pdf from publisher. If they have embedded an hyperlink in to shortened text Publisher picks up the colour format of the hyperlink but does not identify it as an hyperlink style and as with full hyperlinks there is no embedding of the actual link in the interactive menu. I have fallen foul of this a couple of times thinking they were all linked and published the pdf. It would be good if Publisher recognised a shortened hyperlink and reported it in preflight as missing the link.

Also I am not sure if there is an option that I have not identified but nearly every hyperlink throws us as spelling errors in both as you type and in preflight. Is there or could there be an option to not spell check hyperlinks?

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• 6 months later...

I would love hyperlinks in Affinity Designer. My company do PDFs with Microsoft Office with links and sometimes I edit them to do some alignments. I would like to do that with Affinity Designer, but it break all the links of the file :-( .

I just buyed Affinity Designer, not yet Affinity Publisher. This feature would be very very useful for me.

Hi Zlitus,

at least i think, it would be the best to get Affinity-Publisher to combine the benefits of both apps ... the vector processing of Designer is seamlessly integrated into Publisher with it's hyperlink feature ... exporting Publisher's PDF files might be a way to connect to Microsoft Office ... good luck .)

• 4 months later...
On 4/17/2020 at 11:34 AM, barningendorf said:

Hi, from my point of view there is no option to hyperlink text in Affinity Designer directly, but at least it's possible in Affinity Publisher – might help you. Another way could be to implement hyperlinks in SVG– or PDF–Export (like said before) while post processing your Affinity Designer worksheet ... SVG has the advantage, that is nativley integrable in an HTML file ... is wish you success ...

I converted my Publisher PDF with hyperlinks with
this tool https://www.qoppa.com/pdfhtml/demo/html5-pdf-viewer-live-demo/ 

The free online Demo worked fine for me.

SVG inside HTML http://www.privat.work/rhetorisches4/RhetorischesQuartettPlakatmitTrumpf.html
PDF with links  http://www.privat.work/rhetorisches4/RhetorischesQuartettPlakatmitTrumpf.pdf

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil