You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For the Baseline Grid Manager, there is the option to start the baseline relative to 'Top of Spread', 'Top of Page', or 'Top of Margin'. I have it set to top of margin, which should start it at the start of my margin (as it goes in the ID example, in orange). However, it still starts it at the top of the page (Publisher example in purple).

Screenshot 2018-08-31 10.25.30.png

Screenshot 2018-08-31 10.25.41.png

Screenshot 2018-08-31 10.26.19.png

• Staff

The baseline grid is aligned with the top margin, but extends in both directions. You can see the gap between the top of the spread and the next grid line is less than the grid spacing which would not be the case if it started at / was aligned with the top the spread.

4 minutes ago, AdamW said:

The baseline grid is aligned with the top margin, but extends in both directions. You can see the gap between the top of the spread and the next grid line is less than the grid spacing which would not be the case if it started at / was aligned with the top the spread.

I would assume that "align with top of margin" would be looking at my page margins I set up - not the printer margins of the paper. If you look at the screenshot with the orange header, the baseline grid (in green) is aligned with the top of the margin. Using these same settings in Publisher (purple header) accomplishes nothing. The baseline grid (in green) goes all the way to the top of the page. I did not tell it to align with top of spread - I told it to align with top of margin, so one would think it would align with the margin of the page (the blue guide).

Attached is what I have to nerf to get the result I want. It's like it's not recognizing the margins I've set.

Screenshot 2018-08-31 11.26.06.png

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the baseline should extend beyond the margin when the users selects the option relative to 'top of margin' (I prefer 'relative to margins' by the way). When we want objects to snap to the baseline grid, they should not extend beyond the margins when we create the baseline grid relative to the margins. So I completely agree with Loquos.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.