You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bullet style is going missing in text styles

I have three character styles:
1. C Article Heading
2. C Article Heading Local
3. C Article Heading National

"C Article Heading" is the 'base' character style which defines the font/size/etc. "C Article Heading Local" and "C Article Heading National" are based on "C Article Heading" with a change of fill colour in each - red for local, blue for national.
"C Article Heading" is used for the text of the heading and I want to use "C Article Heading Local" and "C Article Heading National" to colour a bullet differently at the start of the heading (depending on whether it's a local or national story).

I have two paragraph styles:
1. Article Heading Local
2. Article Heading National

"Article Heading Local" is based on "C Article Heading" but the Numbering option is set to Bullet with the style of "C Article Heading Local".
"Article Heading National" is based on "C Article Heading" but the Numbering option is set to Bullet with the style of "C Article Heading National".

I can set the styles for the bullets but when I do it ignores the style in the bullet formatting. Going back into either "Article Heading Local" or "Article Heading National" usually shows the style in the bullet as [No change].

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I have supplied a small document showing the problem. Try changing the bullet style on either "Article Heading Local" or "Article Heading National" to either "C Article Heading Local" and "C Article Heading National". It just ignores the change.

bullet style going missing.afpub

Here the syles modified with an explanation.

I used the "Initial Words" feature to apply a character style (only modifying: color) to color Local and National styles' bullet.
Local and National are based on simple Heading style, that I modified so it wouldn't depend of a character style (no need), but would contains the font, size, color, etc. in its proprieties.
If you modify Heading style font, HLocal and HNational will change font too.

Another usefull feature is to use "next style".

About the Bullet option: it seems bugged (I had to dupplicate another style and redo the formatting since I couldn't modify the bullet or the color with no reason).

For sure, the "Initial Words" is bugged: each time we display this option, default values are displayed instead of the previous ones saved.
Modifying and saving will use the new parameters, but each time you click on "Initial Words", it'll show default value again :S (and you'll have to enter again the values you want). Same problem if you select another option instead of saving after the IW modifications.

bullet style going missing2.afpub

bullet style going missing2.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.