You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to display Table of Contents in ADesigner Help window

Hi,

I have just installed the full Affinity Designer software today but can no longer get the Help Table of Contents Menu to display as it did in the trail version. It flashes up for a nano second and then disappears when the Table of Contents button is clicked. I have run a permissions repair and restarted my Mac to no avail. Can anyone help a newbie on a steep learning curve please. Should I try reinstalling AD perhaps?

Many thanks if you can help...

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the rapid response :-). I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 on a mid 2007 20-inch iMac (2.4 GHz intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR@ SDRAM).

Access to the contents menu in Affinity Designer Help is absolutely crucial, in terms of learning all the functionality and capabilities of AD.

I don't know if this is in anyway relevant, but I dragged the trial application to the trash after installing/downloading the full paid version. As Apple App Store should have recorded my purchase, is there some way I could try dragging the full version of Affinity Designer to the trash and re-downloading the Application somehow perhaps? 

• Staff

Hi sentientbean,

You can drag the app to the trash and reinstall it from the App Store, but this will not solve the Help issue. There's others users reporting the same problem so this is nothing related to your system in particular. Something is buggy with the Help system.

We are already checking this.

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the info regarding this problem. I'm glad to know that the anomaly is not generated at my end. Please keep me posted regarding a solution to this problem, as I will struggle to master this potentially excellent application without being able to work through all the help resources.

Thanks