1 hour ago, NaulisJakke said:

Dare I ask though: what is a ’long’ extension? Is there any sort of rough guestimate as to how long it will take? Years? 

You are always welcome to ask, but at the moment we do not comment on timelines for unreleased/unannounced new features, sorry. Suffice to say it is not in the current 1.8.0 beta and therefore I do not think it will be in this 1.8.0 release.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

AfPub team,

start using Publisher and I love it, it has friendly tools for flyers and posters and broshure,   but when I start to layout book I notice there is no footnote/endnote....

I really want to switch using AFPub, is this going to be possible in the next versions, I read that in the next (1.8) will not be but maybe in a year...

- Also I notice that when placing text tables and graphic from docx or RTF are not placed. It will be great to have them as embeded and pins.

- I would like to have Cyrilic language dictionary to at least one language ex. russian so justification, kerning and tracking text, hyphenation  on Cyrilic word be the visually smooth.

I will be great styles placed from docx or rtf to be more compact, but this is maybe because of cyrilic language.

Hi dambova,

and welcome to the discussion … :)

As you know, Cyrillic isn’t a language, but a script system. If you want to add a Russian dictionary (or a dictionary for any other language that is written with Cyrillic letters), there are some threads about adding dictionaries:

Hope that helps. By the way, it is advisable to make new threads for feature requests, as they may be overlooked otherwise.

Alex :)

Snap. Going to have to boot into my old Sierra external drive and fire up InDesign for a book project that has footnotes and endnotes. Shocked that this isn't a feature yet.

I'm quite new to the Affinity products, but I can say that right now footnotes is what I'm missing most. I've seen there's already a predefined style to include them manually, which might be ok if the book only has a few footnotes and you use symbols or numbers for a single page and not sequential numbering for the whole document.

I suppose endnotes would do as a kind of workaround and might be easier to implement and make some people happy.