8 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

Hello, Patrick of London.

It is unfortunate that Serif still has not finished some major functions of desktop publishing, but that does not justify going back to an antiquity such as PagePlus X9! That would fall from Charybdis into Scylla.

:)

Antiquities can be very peaceful places; and PagePlus X9 is a much, much calmer place to be than Charybdis.....

But let's hope Affinity Publisher is getting closer to reliable Footnote/Endnote capability than I suspect it actually is.

Yet, the fact remains that I can not use Affinity Publisher, (purchased for this project) to finish and publish my project and will continue to use the software I started with. I am a big supporter of Serif and have all their software before Affinity and will continue to wait, hope and monitor this discussion.

Yes please to foot notes, end notes.  Any even slightly academic work will use these.  Publisher without these will lock out and academic use.  Keep up the good work development team.  I really like Publisher. 

Chris
(ex InDesign user)