You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tuts: Drag and place with Artistic Text tool

Hi, 

Had several issues following the Tutorials (Tuts). 

1. Zoom in to workspace. Can't get it to work. 
  2. Cannot drag and drop text using the Artistic Text tool. It drags into place with the a sample character (A) displayed of the appropriate style selected. When I let go of the drag, it's dropped,  it's an edit point of whatever size, but cannot type into it. Is it me? 
  3. After quitting the tutorial and still in AFPub, my keyboard is not typing- cannot type anywhere, in any app (arrow,  keys work)! Senses input to system but characters are recognized... Weird! Had to log off and log back in to restore keyboard operation. This one definitely ain't me! 

Henry

Edited by Techworks Pro

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

Hi Henry

How are you trying to zoom is it with the mouse, they keyboard shortcuts or the zoom tool itself? I'm not getting any typing issues here, but it all seems to be keyboard related (probably all a single issue) do you have any sort of keyboard managers installed?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Henry

I'm not getting any typing issues here, but it all seems to be keyboard related (probably all a single issue) do you have any sort of keyboard managers installed?

Cheers

Hi Chris, 

Nope. Just a wireless KB and trackpad, both by Apple. Configuration from System Report attached. If I open up in High Sierra, it seems to be OK, now. I was following along with the Tutorial and replicating the  page settings there.

Perhaps something about that caused what I was seeing. I will try it again and make you a video if I can get it to screw up. Thanks! 

BTW, do you know of (any similar) issues in Mojave? It's possible that I was testing there. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 15.16.18.png

techworkspro_v4_300x80.gif.1b0b1c7df511aeb341fc0dbba972a9bf.gif

MBP 2017, MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, (Trial) Publisher

iPad Pro, iOS 12, Affinity Photo, Designer

https://techworkspro.com 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.