You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Amazing, I opened  a photo book I made in microsoft publisher 2007 and saved as a pdf.

Affinity publisher opened it with all the correct sizes, pages and content. To my amazement each individual picture and text frame was also formatted so that I could change size, or edit them much as if I had made in affinity publisher in the first place. So  can I open any pdf made from a publishing programme, or just from microsoft publisher?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi philphoto,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Sorry the delay getting back to you. Ideally yes, you should be able to import PDF's keeping everything intact whenever possible, however there's still improvements to make (there's no support for embedded fonts in PDF's currently) and some files may present issues. Hopefully things will get better as we move forward and improve our importer.

Note:  I'm moving this thread to the Discussions and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher Beta on Desktop section since there's no bug reports to deal with. Thanks for your feedback/support.

• 2 months later...

I've just opened a couple of 'press quality' PDFs generated in Indd. Congrats on the quality of the import - the editable text is where it should be, which is helpful if I'm trying to recreate the indd document. But the file resolution is way too low: specifying an import resolution of 300dpi (as for images) yields pages c. 50mm x 70mm instead of 210 x 297 (UK A4 paper). How do I tell Publisher the document should be high resolution?