You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all

Its been a while since I posted any work and I was wanting to make another custom icon for a device I plug into my computer again: this time my "Sony IC Recorder" voice recorder.

I wasn't able to match the fonts exactly, but it looks good enough for me (especially when its resized really small when used as an icon!). I did find the advanced font adjustments useful at getting "close" to the originals. I was also quite happy with how easy it was to give the rounded effect on the top and the bottom of the device by simple adding more points to a gradient and moving them around until I got a convincing shading. 

I also took the opportunity to make a custom style for the LCD display, so now if I want one, I just click once and all the works already done! :)

Hope you like it :)

post-2981-0-95308400-1426435822_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work...

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Great stuff! Love it when people produce images like this. Almost realistic but still illustrative.

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop