You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Implemented] Hyperlinks for Affinity Publisher

• Staff
13 minutes ago, somewhereinusa said:

Just downloaded 239. So far in just a few tests The issues I had been having have all been taken care of. Master page go to works. Table of contents link to anchor works. Target areas are in the correct place.:)

Our public new beta signup Affinity Publisher beta download store page (MacOS & Windows) is still serving 1.7.0.238 but at the top of these forums there is a new build #249 with some hyperlink fixes and other issues addressed.

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Windows

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Mac

(Perhaps you have this already.)

Once we have a bit more confidence in each beta build we change the version on that new sign up page

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Our public new beta signup Affinity Publisher beta download store page (MacOS & Windows) is still serving 1.7.0.238 but at the top of these forums there is a new build #249 with some hyperlink fixes and other issues addressed.

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Windows

Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.249 for Mac

(Perhaps you have this already.)

Once we have a bit more confidence in each beta build we change the version on that new sign up page

This confused me when I first read it. I should have said I just downloaded 249 NOT 239

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, thomasbricker said:

So are hyperlinks functional now in Publisher?

They have been functional for quite some time now, since beta 238 on February 8. They continue to improve.

Whether they have the function you are looking for will depend on exactly what you want them to do.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Walt.

So I just tested the functionality.

Works absolutely perfectly! Well done Serif/Affinity!

I have been away from Publisher for a few months and had not tried it lately.

So if this is working so well in Publisher, which is still a Beta, why not roll it out to Designer and Photo?

It's extremely useful.

33 minutes ago, thomasbricker said:

So if this is working so well in Publisher, which is still a Beta, why not roll it out to Designer and Photo?

That's something only Serif can answer. They have a vision of what tools belong in which products.

I will point out, though, that Publisher has both Designer and Photo Personas, and if one owns Publisher and either of the other products one will be able to create a project in Publisher and (we expect) seemlessly switch to the Designer or Photo Personas to use functions that are not possible in Publisher. (This is not available yet, but Serif has said it would be enabled after the Photo and Designer 1.7 betas have ended.)

What that means is that anyone who wants hyperlinks in Designer or Photo would simply need to purchase Publisher, and they'd have them via the Persona capability, along with all the other Publisher functionality :)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, pruus said:

I would like to add the wish to add also hyperlinks to images in an pfd-file. Like buttons. ...

Just use the graphic of a button to link to wherever you want.

button url.afpub

button url.pdf

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, garrettm30 said:

So you can use hyperlinks on images! It just seems counterintuitive to have to go to the Text menu to do it.

Thanks a lot. I could not find it. Great if APublisher adds this to a more logical place in the navigation, like right button.....i’ve Just learned something.

You don't have to use the Text menu. You could instead use the Hyperlinks panel.

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2019 at 12:29 PM, fde101 said:

The biggest things I am missing are that if you copy text that has a hyperlink and paste it, the link does not seem to be applied to the duplicate (pasted) text, and pasting in text containing hyperlinks from outside sources does not seem to retain them either.

I have the same problem. It's quite frustrating. If it has solved since then please let me now! Interesting when I duplicate a page with a hyperlink on some of it's element, the links remain on the duplicated page. But if I duplicate (or copy paste) just the textframe or table containing links the hyperlinks are gone... Is there something that I missed?

Thank you!

• Staff

@piskota

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Unfortunately you are not missing anything, the auto-application of hyperlinks when pasting text into an application requires additional development that has simply not been done yet. I will bump the request with the developers. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon