You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Window/Pane Positions > Save Setting?

Is it possible to save a custimized setting of window/pane positions?

It appears to happen accasionally with 2 open documents that choosing "Window" > "Merge all Windows" results in a crash and closes the Application. After reopening the app all panes are spread somehow chaotic on my two monitors and neded to get reanged.

And: how can I go back to the deafult window/pane setting? Meanwhile the tool and document and the long pane with the persona icons aren't locked anymore to the main monitors edges and partially covering the document window.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

For me, the crash only happens when one of the documents is offset from the main screen in Separated Mode. If I keep a ton of windows open in the middle of the screen, it won't crash (I've only got 1 screen) so if you're dragging a few over two screens, this is why it's crashing.

It should remember where you move things but when you crash, it's nuking it by the looks of it.

To reset it, go to View > Studio > Reset.

> " ...  only happens when one of the documents is offset from the main screen"

Not to me. – Might be a problem with two monitors?

I just de-selected "Separated Mode" –> it arranged some but not all of the option-panes positions to a former setting + the two open doc-windows from the larger second monitor to the smaller laptop screen, behind the option pane windows. I moved them back on the larger/second monitor and selected "Separated Mode" –> that made the App crash and close.

By the way: after restart the app it was the first time (of about 15) that my individual option pane positions were not placed anywhere and somehow chaotic after the application crash.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.